And so I think it is time to introduce you all to…..
Thank you all for your support, and please please please add my site to your bookmarks, or change your blogroll link to miriamyeung.com.au – or both XD ^^ I won’t be updating from this site anymore!
I’m so excited with this move!!!!!!!!! Everything is similar, I decided to keep it as The Mimi Thoughts (lack of motivation – though the name may change if one day some name pops into my head), and all my posts have migrated there too
I have something exciting brewing about, and I’m very excited!! I shall let you know when the time is right ^^
Ella and her friend Allen were very very SUPER kind to be thinking of me while in Melbourne, and bought my much craved for Macarons from Cacao!!!
So many flavours!
horrrrrr.. they are all so delicious
I must share them with Ricky and not gobble them all up in one go ><
Ella also got me more bling for my bracelet. I think it’s pretty much full now woot!
She gave me some bow hair ties too, they are so adorable!
What an awesome early birthday present ^^ <3
Unfortunately Australia rarely has anything good that comes cheap. Heck even if it’s expensive it might not necessarily be good either – referring to clothes and shoes that is.
I like to roam random stores and look at what they have to offer. There is this one store called Cosmetics Plus at Carindale Shopping Centre which sells the largest range of BYS products I know. I don’t think I can bring myself to use a lot of their products because I don’t like using cheap make up, but there were some things that attracted me They also sell some Maybelline, Revlon, L’oreal products for cheaper too.
And from there, I introduce you to one of my latest mini hauls.
I think this was $39AUD all up
My Accessory Bun enhancer
I really wanted one of these because it makes it so much easier to do a bun.
My bun front and back view in one picture woot!
- Easy to use – just feed the hair flat through the middle, roll down and then loop into a donut, then tidy it up
- Can control the size of your bun, depending on how loose you roll your hair down
- Cheap. I think around… $4AUD
- Need to have thicker, longer hair to make a very fuss free bun. My hair is very layered and it was difficult keeping all the hair in.
- I had a hard time making the bun complete. I have to pin some of it down to cover the sponge part at the bottom
- Very soft and fluffy, not scratchy at all!
- It has a large surface area, exactly the size I was looking for
- It comes in purpler horrrr
- Cheap – $10AUD
- Does not shed much at all. Probably 3 hairs in total and I’ve washed and used it several times already.
- STANK REALLY BAD!!! Like cheap plastic shoes and it didn’t go away for 2 weeks. Fortunately the smell went away after I aired it out.
- Has a nice eggy crackle finish
- Does not dry too quickly
- Comes in quite a few colours although most of them are quite scary
- Cheap – $5AUD
- It flakes off
- Does not last long at all
- Ok so yeah. cheap price cheap quality
It’s been a while since my last post There are so many things to post about but I shall start off with the rest of my HK goodies.
I went crazy with Koji DollyWink products this time round. I have many eyeshadows, but none of them were bright and colourful. I thought I needed a pop of colour teehee
My sister thought otherwise, being horrified at my strange taste when she bought them.
04 Green Pink
Gotta say, so much attention to detail was paid into packaging. The eyeshadow is guaranteed to sit right side up with no tilting or movement within the plastic box
Each of the shadows are housed in this cardboard mini… book? with instructions.
The black casing with engravings looks like Anna Sui.
Shimmery off white, aqua, hot pink and glittery black/grey
Oh yeah, they look scary BUAHAHAHA
Good thing is it can be layered, so if you use a light hand, it does not actually turn out like that. I must admit, the pink is difficult to pull off under the eyes. It can just make you look like you have some eye infection if not done properly.
03 Blue Orange
Again housed in a mini book with instructions
Shimmery white, fanta orange, blue, dark shimmery blue
Aren’t the colours so poppy!
These colours are good to have in case of a dress up party! Also, used with a light hand, it is a very good summer palette. However since it’s approaching winter these palettes will probably be left untouched for a while.
- The colours make me feel happy and bubbly when I look at them XD
- Very bright but can be layered for a less or more intense finish
- Pigmentation is pretty good
- Butter texture
- Affordable. Works out to be around $16AUD
- Pretty packaging!
- Somewhat chalky in texture (but it’s also very buttery!)
- The aqua green in 04, and blue in 03, really show up with little difference on the eyes I wanted a truer green…
- Not the most wearable colours XD
- A little frosty
DollyWink pencil eyeliner in black
I actually wanted the liquid eyeliner but got this one instead, but it’s good I can have a play with this one
- Pretty packaging
- Good intensity
- Buttery soft, doesn’t tug on the eyelids
- Didn’t experience too much smudging, though I set it with eyeshadow, and did not put it on my smudge prone areas… so my opinion is not accurate
- Did not pass my smudge-proof test
- I don’t like having to sharpen my eyeliners
Smudge-proof test: apply, wait 3 minutes, swipe with finger and see how much it smudges
No I am not going to make myself a hair turban model. My hand shall do.
- Well made, no loose ends or seams
- Fit very snug, won’t fall off
- Does make my hair dry quicker than my usual air dry
- I think it’s a bit on the exi side… more than $15AUD if I remember correctly
- Needs stretching and I worry I will break my hair when I twist the turban around
- It really REALLY hurts when I pull the loop out to button it. I prefer to just leave it unbuttoned, it doesn’t fall off anyway
- Not for the big-headed
- I don’t know if my hair will dry at the same rate if I just wrap a normal towel around it, but either/or, hair turbon is much more convenient
Arezia pore cleansing tool
The tool is well built and very sturdy
- Cheap: around $1AUD
- Does the job! It doesn’t get rid of all the gunk, but a majority. I was always skeptical but my bf.. YES my BF!! – he told me it was good HAHA
- No harsh chemicals
- The needle is very sharp. I don’t get pimples so it’s not very useful for its purpose
- Takes a really long time to use.
- Painful T.T
Happy Mother’s Day!!! Though I’m pretty sure most of you who read my blog won’t be mums.. but still.. hehehe.. I have reserved my whole day for her as a symbol of my respect for the day… lol.. hey that’s a big task!! Went to yumcha in the morning with the sis and brother in-law + family, and shall be going to Indian tonight.
Lowie called me and Beckie out to Wellington Point for a cozy afternoon early celebration for his birthday yesterday. I’ve missed our catch ups!!! Unfortunately Joey couldn’t make it because she is still feeling crook
We spent most of the afternoon playing around with our cameras XD
I didn’t really take much since mine was running low on battery =.=
Oh we also enjoyed watching Wong Fu Productions and Kevjumba on Beckie’s Ipad 2 hehe
We ended up landing our butts at Off the Wall Diner – home of the “World’s hottest chilli burger”
None of us were up to it, so normal burger it was.
This is Lowie’s Greek style burger. I didn’t get any shots of him!!! noooooooo
Beckie and her beef… with cheese burger.. I can’t remember the name.
I also had this one too.
Inside the beef burger
I think the beef was very home style though a bit dry. Overall tasty and I loved how they had spinach in it. It’s my favourite salad vege apart from lettuce/cabbage. The chips were also really yummy.
And we admired the sunset at Wellington Point
Wish I was able to walk across to the island.. but…not wearing sneakers or thongs XD
Once again.. happy birthday all you May babies!!!!
With May comes birthdays! Actually every month has birthdays, but for some reason they seem to be more closely packed this time ehehe
I was glad to be able to attend my high school friend Joanne’s birthday dinner yesterday. She chose a restaurant along the riverside called Venice, it’s actually quite highly rated.
The Special Birthday girl – Joanne aka Jobee
Our little All Hallows’ group appears to be getting smaller and smaller now since everyone seems to be finding their feet and moving away.
Joanne is also going to be moving to Emerald to work. I am quite glad we were able to catch up before she leaves. Really the good ol’ times
Back to the food, this is my entrée creamy shellfish soup.
I would say that it was a very fresh, light starter. I can’t really fault this soup at all.
Another entrée that we shared, bread with truffle butter and… I can’t remember, but it tasted like olives.
Unfortunately I really dislike olives so I couldn’t enjoy it, but the butter and bread was nice
I decided to go all the way and be a pig. Seafood platter for me it was
They say it’s great to share, but I think if I were very hungry I can down it all. Though I did share mine hehehe… Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture with the twins, and they both had the same dish as well, I don’t think any of us had trouble finishing it
Everything was light, the oyster shots were sooo fresh. The chilli soft shell crab was a bit salty – probably over seasoned I suppose. Overall I really enjoyed my dish, not to mention the bee-battered chips were everything it should be
With Joanne and my good friend Cel
Cel ordered the other dish I was contemplating to order – I think it was a tea smoked duck?
I think it could have been a little more tender but it was a tasty dish.
Our other Joanne, or shall we say, Jo, or ah por hehe
She ordered an entrée sized pasta dish. I can’t really what it was.
Generous serving. It was an appetizing tomato base, however I would have liked it slightly saucier.. but that’s just me
Me with Janice, another make-up fanatic, may we go broke together
We could not leave without dessert, I think Jobee would have cried hahaha, and for good reason!
She had a mixed platter with another high schooler I don’t often see – Phuong/Helen.
My chai créme brulée with milk ice-cream and some sort of biscuit… thing…
Really hit the spot, everything complimented each other nicely and it was perfect!
Chocolate pudding with caramel sauce and the milk ice-cream. Heavenly!!
The location was great and quiet. I think we were slightly too noisy but oh wells XD The only bad thing were that the waiters kept looking at the time and hurrying us to order. I still don’t quite understand why. It’s not like it was packed. They were very polite though and delivered prompt service.
We had a great catch up and there were even fireworks as well!! Jobee must be quite special haha.. and until the next AHS dinner..
We shall create more mischief elsewhere
Happy birthday all you May babies!